Monday 22 February 2010

Berry Smoothies

I had a packet of tofu that had been sitting in the fridge for sometimes. It will expire in one or two days time. So I went online to surf for a nice tofu recipe. I came across a recipe for smoothies that uses silken tofu. I found it interesting and at the same time feeling weird using tofu as one of the ingredients. But I still eagered to try it out. To my suprise, it turned out to be a very yummy glass of smoothies. I found the recipe from here.

Ingredients:

6 oz of silken tofu (drain it to remove excess water)
1 medium banana (peel, slice and freeze it before use)
2/3 cup of soy milk (I used instant soy mix)
1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries (I used frozen mixed berries)
1 tbsp of honey (to taste)
2-3 ice cubes, optional (I added more)


Method:
Blend the banana, tofu and soy milk for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the frozen blueberries and process until smooth. Add the remaining blueberries, honey and ice cubes if using and process again until smooth. (I blended everything together)


Enjoying a glass of smoothie with a plate of spaghetti.

No comments: