Wednesday 3 March 2010

It's a bun.. It's a roll.. It's...



...a loaf of bread.. This was my first attempt of making bread. I didn't use bread flour so I think that was one of the reasons why it turned out to be like this. Although the top looked very brownish but it was not hard. I brushed it with some butter. I read from a website that if we brush the top with egg then it will yield hard crust. I prefer it to be soft so I brushed it with butter instead. Here is some tips of making bread. The bread texture was quite good altho I used plain flour. It was soft and fluffy. I got the recipe from happy home baking. I added some pandan essence and pandan kaya to make it looked and tasted like pandan bread. I don't have a bread machine so this was made with my bare hands. It was a good try. More to go :)

No comments: