Friday 12 March 2010

Beef Noodle (Niu Rou Mien)



I made this beef noodles for dinner last night. I obtained the recipe here. There was no chinese chilli bean paste in my pantry so I omitted it. In order to make the soup spicy, I added some sambal oelek and chilli powder. Besides that, I also added some homemade chicken meatballs which were made a day before. I got the recipe from here. I added some spring onions and carrot to the paste. The chicken balls didn't really look round in shape (need more practice) but they were really nice. Should give it a try.

There was still some ummph... missing in the beef broth but the meat tasted nice. Overall, it satisfied my grumbling tummy. Maybe I will try to use some chinese chilli bean paste next time and see if it will turn out to be nicer. And also, the beef will taste nicer and tastier if we cook it a day before.

2 comments:

Moo Moo Cow said...

Looked yummy...made me hungry now :)

U did a lot of cooking oh~ so good...

YoghurtPudding said...

hehe.. How abt u? Did u make lots of cakes for cny?