Wednesday 31 March 2010

A day trip to London





We went to London last weekend to visit our friends. It was a wonderful trip altho just a short one. We managed to visit the Europe's largest mall, Westfield. It was kind of early when we reached there. Not many people were there or maybe because the mall is very big. We had our lunch at the nearby malaysian restaurant, Jom Makan. I had nasi lemak while my Dh had nasi goreng kampung. My verdict... The food was not so authentic. Still lacking of the flavours that suit our taste buds. After lunch, we went to my friend's new apartment and have a rest there.

After that, we headed to Patisserie Valerie for our tea time. We tried out four different types of cakes and also ordered a plate of egg benedict. The shop was packed with people and we had to wait for around 20 minutes to get a seat there. The cakes were really very nice, soft and fluffy. Next, we walked around china town and guess what we found out.... 3 in 1 Milo and big tin of Milo from Singapore. Let us don't talk about the price ;) I was looking for Korean black bean sauce to cook jjajangmyun. I lost count of the number of oriental shops that I went in to search for it. But at last I did find one but not the brand that I wanted to get. Anyway, I just bought one to try out.

What's for dinner?? We had chicken soba and okonomiyaki for dinner at Abeno, a Japanese restaurant somewhere near china town. The food was great but had to stand and wait for around 20 minutes for our turn. Anyway, it was worth waiting. And, it was time for us to go back home.

No comments: