Thursday 10 February 2011

Happy Rabbit Year!!

Happy Chinese New Year to you all!
I would like to share my CNY here in the UK.



This is my first time experiencing the parade and CNY festival here. The day of celebration falls on a Sunday, understandably as it's not a public holiday on the actual day of CNY here. I was quite surprised with the flock of crowd that turned out for the event.


There was lion dance, dragon dance and even unicorn dance. Each paid a visit to the individual shops and restaurants in china town. With each visit, there was loud firecracker blasting in the atmosphere.


When I mention festival, it is a proper festive celebration with stalls selling food and souvenirs. There's even games and rides set up around China town.


After the celebration, the restaurants and shops were jam packed with people. Instead of squeezing ourselves in the restaurant, my DH and I decided to go back to enjoy homecooked food :)

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Happy Blessed Rabbit year! The celebration seems wonderful and colourful. Lots of people with a merry atmosphere. Although it's not quite the same as back home, hope you did enjoy some of it!

YoghurtPudding said...

Hi Bunny, Happy Chinese New Year!! Where is my ang pow?? :p

Pinecone Stew said...

Suuuuuuuper photographs. Thank you for sharing!!!!