Tuesday 13 April 2010

Korean vs Malaysian Food


I never thought that I would find this type of rice cake here, at the place where I stay at the moment. It was kind of suprise when I saw it in one of the oriental supermarkets. Without much hesitation, I just grabbed a packet. But, alas, I found out that it was made in china when i reached home. I thought it was supposed to be made in Korea. Anyway, I still go ahead to cook TteokBokki. It turned out quite nice. The rice cake was chewy and yummy. A bit like chinese rice cake. But to tell you the truth I haven't really try the real TteokBokki before so I can't really comment much.


I cooked this nasi lemak sometimes ago. I forgot where I got the recipes from. The tedious parts were cooking the rendang and the sambal. I omitted the belacan for the sambal because I didn't have any and at the same time I didn't want my whole flat to smell like 'belacan in the air'. It was a good try.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

It wasn't a good try.....it was an EXCELLENT try :D yum yum

YoghurtPudding said...

Thank you very much.. ;)